6 large Yukon gold potatoes
6 tablespoons butter
½ cup Parmesan cheese plus 2 tablespoons
2 garlic cloves minced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
2. Peal and quarter potatoes place in Dutch oven or large pot and add enough water with 2 tablespoons salt to cover. Cover pot and bring to boil, lower heat to and simmer for 20 minutes until potatoes are for tender.
3. Set ricer over a deep bowl and transfer potatoes into hopper to squeeze the potatoes through the rice.
4. Gently mash potatoes with 4 tablespoons butter and make a deep well in the potatoes
5. Add milk, garlic cloves, chives, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Whip potatoes until smooth and fluffy.
7. While preparing the steak sauce, place potatoes in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with balance of cheese and dot with butter. And place in the middle position in the over and
8. Bake until the top is brown.